Monday, February 13, 2012

What to ask your doctor

Here are some important questions you should ask your doctor when you go for a visit:

  •  Do I need to come back for another visit?
  •  Can I call for any test results?
  •  What else do I need to know or do?
  •  Is this a preventive or a diagnostic care visit?
  •  What should I do to prevent or delay health problems?
  •  Are there any changes I should make to improve my health?
  •  Are there any tests or screenings I should have, based on my age or other risk factors?
  •  Am I due for any shots?

After you’ve talked with your doctor, there are three questions you should be able to answer for yourself:

   1. What is my main problem?
   2. What do I need to do?
   3. Why is it important that I do this?
If you can answer those three questions, you’ll know you got the information you need to get or stay healthy.

National Patient Safety Foundation, Ask Me 3.(Accessed January 2011): npsf.org
Anthem publication MANSH3911ABS Rev. 1/11 F007545

No comments:

Post a Comment